Position Details: Green Finance Internship– Latin America Team
MicroEnergy International (MEI) is an internationally active consulting company with headquarter in Berlin, Germany. MEI works with financial institutions, energy product & service providers, international development actors and with policy makers in order to set up sustainable clean energy finance schemes. In this framework, MEI takes care of the overall project management (from planning through implementation to evaluation), thereby designing, evaluating and optimizing energy products and services, and ensuring that financial instruments are tailored to the needs of the business sector and end-users. MEI finally strengthens its activities through scientific quality management, in partnership with research institutions worldwide, and offers a variety of training opportunities.
Description of the new internship positions:
MEI is looking for candidates for financial and technical internships within the Latin American team. The new members can join as interns or as students working simultaneously on a related thesis. The projects require a cohesive team, and aims at combining microfinance and energy, in order to give access to clean and efficient energy solutions for microenterprises and low-income households in Latin America.
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
The intern will participate in the following activities:
- Participate in research activities for the Latin American projects. The research aims inter alia at evaluating local Microfinance Institutions (MFI) regarding their capacities to integrate a green loan product to finance clean energy technologies.
- Develop and analyze results of ongoing and future market researches for innovative financial products in the project countries
- Assist in the design of microcredit products taking into account the RE/EE technologies to be financed, local circumstances among the borrowers and specifications of the partner MFI
- Give support to the team of consultants during the field missions
- Support and contribute to the overall organization of the missions in the project countries
- Contribute actively to the preparation, evaluation and drafting of the project reports and proposals
- Communicate actively with local stakeholders and partners in the project countries
- Applicant MUST be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate programme with an obligatory internship as integral part of their study programme
- Strong technical skills, preferably Business, Finance, and Engineering degree or similar with focus on renewable and energy efficiency technologies
- Knowledge in economics is desired
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in teams, plus brings strong intercultural skills
- Strong communication, organizational and reporting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish (native speaker preferred) and English, other languages are a plus
PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH YOUR CV AND MOTIVATION LETTER THROUGH THIS PLATFORM.