The Energizing Microfinance Workshop
Incorporating energy products into the loan portfolio of an MFI is an innovative idea to support micro-entrepreneurs and households to gain access to clean energy, but it is also a major challenge.
The E-MF workshop enables MFIs to reach financial, social and environmental sustainability, also known as the triple bottom line approach.
The workshop aims at
- creating awareness among the MFI towards the energy needs of their clients
- discussing different business models
- sharing important lessons learned
- introducing the possibility of linking microfinance with carbon finance
- facilitating possible future collaboration
The workshop is designed for MFIs that are
- willing to change and improve their customer services,
- interested in diversifying their product portfolio,
- motivated to invest in clean energy financing.
Participants will benefit from the workshop through
- attaining a summary of recent experiences and lessons learned from around the world
- identificaton of opportunities for micro energy products for both customers and in regards to your institution
- obtaining information on new funding opportunities
- receiving personalized consulting advice from experts in the planning, implementation and the development of micro energy projects
- provision of the starting points as well as advice on the further steps
Are you interested in participating? Please contact us to get information on upcoming events: e-mfi(at)microenergy-international.com