Scale-up Contactar Green Microfinance Initiative
MicroEnergy International (MEI) will provide technical assistance allowing Contactar to scale its green activities and develop a holistic green strategy on an institutional level. Furthermore, it will enable Contactar to satisfy the high demand for basic energy products among its low income clients via environmental-friendly technologies.
In the scope of the project internal capacity building at all levels for the MFI will be provided, a strategic business model developed and end-user training provided. Moreover, it will allow the incorporation of further clean energy technologies in Contactars portfolio and thus, expanding its outreach.
Clean Energy Technologies (among others: Improved Cooking Stoves, Biodigestors)
Rural households, microenterprises, local technology suppliers and distributors
- Institutionalize and scale existing pilot experience with green energy technologies
- Identify and evaluate energy products and services with high market demand
- Identify and evaluate energy product- and service providers of green energy technologies
- Develop a business plan for green loan products
- Design a green institutional strategy
- Provide trainings to Contactars staff (loan officers, etc.) to build tools and capacities within the institution
- Promote the green loan products and develop end-user focused training materials (train the trainer approach)
B. Strategy Design – Business Planning
C. Implementation – Re-launching of Green Energy Program
Contactar's application to the MasterCard Foundation Clients at the Centre Prize: